Monday, January 12, 2009

Friday

I havent been rested enough or been close enough to a computer to give an account of my trip South thus far. I will sum up the last few days as briefly as possible.

I left New York approximately 3 pm on Friday January 9th. There were minor snow flurries, but nothing of volume now was it wet enough to affect traction on the ground. I was bundled up in Patagonia thermals, a windproof shirt, my armored pants and a pair of riding jeans.

Also in my ensemble was a balaclava type mask, my heavy leather Icon Skull jacket and a pair of heated gloves, bought specifically for this trip.

  1. I did not eat before I left and I wore regular tube socks so I found that my feet got cold every so often. First rest stop was the Thomas Edison rest stop off the NJ Turnpike. I felt sufficiently outside the incoming snow, was hungry and needed to warm up my feet. Met some fellow bikers and chatted before moving on.
  2. Rode on to NE MD and stopped for the night. Logged approx 113 miles thus far. FIgured out that I can do at least 130+ miles on one tank of gas.
  3. Rested for the night at a Quality Inn.

No comments:

Post a Comment