Monday, January 12, 2009

Saturday

  1. Pulled out of MD at 10am
  2. Gassed up in DC at 13117 miles
  3. 830 pm in NC at 13746 miles
  4. Stopped in heavy rain in S. Carolina at 11 p.m.

I stop here to rest a day or so since my arms and legs are sore from the long ride. Have been on the road at least 12 hours straight. Stopping long enough to stretch my legs and arms, sometimes to eat.

Its amazing, while my hands havent been cold in my gloves, I never felt heat from them till I reached 50 + degree weather in VA. While the weather has been warmer, the winds have been rough at times but manageable.

I was warned not to speed in S. Carolina. I wont indicate whether I heeded that warning, but I will say I was careful.

Funny, I always talk bad about CT drivers because I have found in that State that people drive slow while hogging the left lane . . . Well NC drivers are very similar (except tehy drive faster). Many times I found myself stuck behind someone doing 75 that refused to move over when I wanted to pass.

No comments:

Post a Comment